THE ELEONORA DUSE SCHOLARSHIP
FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
Eleonora Duse was an inspiration to Lee Strasberg and an early case study in the development of Stanislavsky’s “System” and The Method. As a result, this scholarship represents the artistic relationship between these theatrical magnates and the Institute’s role in developing future generations of vibrant international actors.
The Eleonora Duse Scholarship is annually awarded to one passionate student dedicated to lifelong artistic development and actor training. The winning candidate is selected based on the applicant’s artistic achievements, community leadership, and interest in Lee Strasberg’s work.
The Eleonora Duse Scholarship is open to international new students only. To be considered, individuals must submit the completed application and required supplemental materials. The Eleanora Duse Scholarship is awarded each academic year for three consecutive terms (Fall, Winter & Spring) of full-time study in the One-Year Conservatory Program at the Los Angeles campus. Scholarship recipients should expect to begin their studies at the start of the Fall semester commencing in September. Completed applications, including all supplemental information, must be emailed to [email protected]. Please pay close attention to the application deadlines- applications must be submitted by email only and between April 1st and June 1st- no earlier or later.
Scholarship applications can be sent to [email protected]. Please scan and email ALL required documents.
- 18 years or older by the start of the Fall semester of the current year
- International student (not a US citizen or permanent resident)
- Be a Los Angeles applicant for the Fall term
- Have completed high school or the equivalent with a 2.5 GPA (75/100) or higher
- One completed scholarship application.
- Copy of your latest academic transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation, no more than six month old, from a professional or teacher who can speak about your work.
- Resume and Headshot
- Copy of valid passport
Non-native English speakers must submit:
- English Proficiency Exam
- April 1st: Opening date for accepting applications
- June 1st of the current year: Application deadline; all materials must be postmarked by this date
- June/July: Finalist Interviews. Only finalists will be interviewed (in person or via Zoom)
- August 1st: All finalists notified via email of their application status
- Three consecutive semesters of study (Fall, Winter & Spring):
- Fall: September-December
- Winter: January- March
- Spring: April-June
- Any incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Applications must be submitted by email to: [email protected]
- The application deadlines are strict- do not apply earlier or later or the application will not be considered.
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements, you will not be considered.
- Application materials will not be returned.
- After we receive your completed application, you will receive a confirmation receipt email.
- Housing and books/materials are not included with the scholarship. The winning candidate will need to make their own housing arrangements.
- There is no audition. If you are selected as a finalist, there is an interview that can be completed via Skype or in-person.
- You are welcome to apply again if you have applied in past years and were not selected as the scholarship recipient.