THE LEE & ANNA STRASBERG SCHOLARSHIP
FOR NEW APPLICANTS
Los Angeles campus
Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute and embarking on our next 50 years, The Lee Strasberg Creative Center® has established The Lee & Anna Strasberg Scholarship.
This annual scholarship honors the founding of The Institute by Lee and Anna Strasberg in 1969 and supports their vision of offering training in the innovative work of Lee Strasberg Method Acting™ to present and future generations of aspiring actors.
The scholarship awards full-tuition for the One-Year Conservatory (non-degree program for three full-time terms (one academic year) of study). The award will be given to a NEW Conservatory student for enrollment in Fall and Winter terms. Scholarship award may be applied toward AOS Degree year 1 tuition.
Scholarship applications will only be accepted during the application windows:
April 1-May 15 (for Fall enrollment) & September 1-October 1 (for Winter enrollment)
- Be a high school graduate (or equivalent)
- May be either a domestic or international applicant
- Be a new Los Angeles One-Year Conservatory applicant for Fall (September) or Winter (January) enrollment
- Have a minimum of high school diploma or the equivalent with a 2.5 GPA (75/100) or higher
Please note only complete applications submitted during the application window will be accepted:
- One completed scholarship application
- Copy of latest academic transcript (with English translation if not in English)
- Two letters of recommendation, no more than six months old, from a professional or teacher who can speak about your work/work ethic
- Headshot/Photo for Identification
- Artistic Essay (1,000-1,250 words) addressing the following questions:
- How did you hear about this scholarship?
- Why do you want to study at The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute?
- Discuss your short-term and long-term artistic goals.
- How will receiving this scholarship impact your professional and artistic life?
Non-native English speakers must submit:
- Proof of English proficiency
- April 1 (Fall start)/September 1 (Winter start): OPENING DATE for accepting Fall/Winter scholarship applications.
- May 15 (Fall)/October 1 (Winter): Application DEADLINE; application with all materials must be submitted by this date. Application will close at 5PM PST
- June/October: Finalist Interviews for the Fall/Winter start date. Only finalists will be interviewed (via Zoom).
- Any incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Complete applications must be submitted via Google form during application window.
- Only applications submitted during the application window via the Google form will be accepted. (No submissions via email, postal mail, or any other means will be accepted.)
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements, you will not be considered.
- Application materials will not be returned. Photo and videos may be used for promotional purposes.
- Housing and books/materials are not included with the scholarship. The winning candidate will need to make their own housing arrangements.
- The top 5-6 candidates will move to an interview round with the final 3 submitting self tape auditions.
- If you are not selected, you are welcome to submit again during the next application window.