THE LEE & ANNA STRASBERG SCHOLARSHIP
FOR NEW APPLICANTS
Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute and embarking on our next 50 years, The Lee Strasberg Creative Center® has established The Lee & Anna Strasberg Scholarship.
This annual scholarship honors the founding of The Institute by Lee and Anna Strasberg in 1969 and supports their vision of offering training in the innovative work of Lee Strasberg Method Acting™ to present and future generations of aspiring actors.
The scholarship awards full-tuition in a non-degree program for three full-time terms (one academic year) of study. The award will be given to a new student for enrollment starting Fall 2021 or Winter 2022.
Scholarship applications must be sent to [email protected] Please scan and email ALL required documents.
- 18 years or older by the start of the Fall semester of the current year
- May be either a domestic or international applicant
- Be a Los Angeles applicant for Fall 2021 or Winter 2022
- Have a minimum of high school diploma or the equivalent with a 2.5 GPA (75/100) or higher
- One completed scholarship application
- Copy of latest academic transcript (with English translation if not in English)
- Two letters of recommendation, no more than six months old, from a professional or teacher who can speak about your work/work ethic
- Resume and Headshot
- Copy of valid passport (for non-US Citizens)
Non-native English speakers must submit:
- Proof of English proficiency
- April 1 (Fall start)/September 1 (Winter start): OPENING DATE for accepting Fall/Winter scholarship applications.
- June 1 (Fall)/November 1 (Winter): Application DEADLINE; all materials must be submitted by this date.
- June/October: Finalist Interviews for the Fall 2021/Winter 2022 start date. Only finalists will be interviewed (in person or via Zoom).
- August 31: Finalist Interviews for the Fall 2021 start date. November 31: Finalist Interviews for the Winter 2021 start date.
- Any incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Complete applications must be submitted by email to [email protected]
- The application deadlines are strict- Do not apply earlier or later or the application will not be considered.
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements, you will not be considered.
- Application materials will not be returned.
- After we receive your completed application, you will receive a confirmation receipt email.
- Housing and books/materials are not included with the scholarship. The winning candidate will need to make their own housing arrangements.
- There is no audition. If you are selected as a finalist, there is an interview that can be completed via Skype or in-person.