THE JOHNNY DEPP SCHOLARSHIP
FOR DOMESTIC APPLICANTS
The Johnny Depp Scholarship is annually awarded to one passionate student dedicated to lifelong artistic development and actor training. The winning candidate is selected based on the applicant’s artistic achievements, community leadership, and interest in Lee Strasberg’s work.
The Johnny Depp Scholarship is open to domestic non-matriculated students only. (International students should apply for the Eleonora Duse Scholarship). To be considered, individuals must submit the completed application and required supplemental materials. The Johnny Depp Scholarship is awarded each academic year for three consecutive semesters (Fall, Winter & Spring) of full-time study in the One-Year Conservatory at the New York campus. Scholarship recipients should expect to begin their studies at the start of the Fall semester commencing in September. Completed applications, including all supplemental information, must be postmarked by the application due date.
Applications should be mailed to:
The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute
Attn: The Johnny Depp Scholarship
115 East 15th Street | Lee Strasberg Way
New York, NY 10003
- 18 years or older by the start of the Fall semester of the current year
- Be a domestic student
- Must be able to start in the Fall term at the New York location
- Have completed high school or the equivalent with a 2.5 GPA (75/100) or higher
- One completed scholarship application
- Copy of your latest academic transcript
- Two letters of recommendation, no more than six months old from a professional or teacher who can speak about your work
- One passport-size photo, for identification purposes only
- Copy of valid picture ID- driver’s license or passport
- April 1st-June 1st: Opening date for accepting applications.
- June of the current year: Application deadline; all materials must be postmarked by this date.
- June/July: Finalist Interviews. Only finalists will be interviewed (in person or via Skype).
- August: All applicants notified via email of their application status
- Three Consecutive semesters of study (Fall, Winter & Spring):
- Fall: September-December
- Winter: January- March
- Spring: April-June