THE JOHNNY DEPP SCHOLARSHIP
FOR DOMESTIC APPLICANTS
The Johnny Depp Scholarship is annually awarded to one passionate student dedicated to lifelong artistic development and actor training. The winning candidate is selected based on the applicant’s artistic achievements, community leadership, and interest in Lee Strasberg’s work.
The Johnny Depp Scholarship is open to domestic non-matriculated students only. (International students should apply for the Eleonora Duse Scholarship). To be considered, individuals must submit the completed application and all required supplemental materials within the stated deadlines and follow all the instructions for submission.
The Johnny Depp Scholarship is awarded once each year for study in the One-Year Conservatory Program at the New York campus. Scholarship recipients should expect to begin their studies at the start of the Fall semester commencing in September and will attend the Fall, Winter and Spring terms. Completed applications, including all supplemental information, must be mailed or couriered and be postmarked by the application due date to be considered.
Applications must be mailed to:
The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute
Attn: The Johnny Depp Scholarship
115 East 15th Street | Lee Strasberg Way
New York, NY 10003
- 18 years or older by the start of the Fall semester of the current year and have completed a minimum of high school
- Be a domestic student
- Must be able to start in the Fall term at the New York location
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA (75/100)
- Completed scholarship application form
- Copy of your latest academic transcript (high school or college/university)
- Two letters of recommendation from a professional or teacher who can speak about your work
- One passport-size photo, for identification purposes only
- Copy of valid picture ID- driver’s license or passport
- April 1st: Opening date for accepting applications. Do not submit any earlier or the application will not be considered.
- June 1st of the current year: Final Application Deadline; all materials must be postmarked by this date. Send by mail or courier(ie Fedex, UPS) only.
- June/July: Finalist Interviews are held. Only finalists will be interviewed (in person or via Skype).
- August: All applicants notified via email of their application status
- Award provides tuition only for the One Year Conservatory Program starting in September and completing in June. This program is three consecutive 12-week terms of study-one academic year.
- Fall term: September-December
- Winter term: January- March
- Spring term: April-June