THE LEE & ANNA STRASBERG SCHOLARSHIP
FOR NEW APPLICANTS (US or International)
To Study at the New York campus
Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute and embarking on our next 50 years; The Lee Strasberg Creative Center® has established The Lee & Anna Strasberg Scholarship.
This annual scholarship honors the founding of The Institute by Lee and Anna Strasberg in 1969 and supports their vision of offering training in the innovative work of Lee Strasberg Method Acting™ to present and future generations of aspiring actors.
The scholarship includes three full-time terms of study. The award will be given to a non-matriculated student to study for one academic year starting in Fall 2024.
Scholarship information and due dates can be found below. Questions can be sent to [email protected].
- April 1st, 2024: Opening date for accepting applications
- June 1st, 2024: Application deadline; all materials must be postmarked by this date
- Mid-June: Finalist Interviews for the Fall 2024 start date. Only finalists will be interviewed (in person or via Zoom)
- 18 years or older by the start of the Fall semester of the current year
- May be either a domestic or international student
- Recipients must plan to start their studies in New York starting the Fall 2024 term
- Have completed minimum of high school or the equivalent with a 2.5 GPA (75/100) or higher
- One completed scholarship application
- Copy of your latest academic transcript
- Two letters of recommendation, no more than six months old from a professional or teacher who can speak about your work
- One passport-size photo, for identification purposes only
- Copy of valid passport (for non-US Citizens)
Non-native English speakers must submit:
- TOEFL exam results with a score of 85 or higher (taken within two years of application deadline) or equivalent test OR transcript from a school where the language of instruction was English
- Any incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Applications must be submitted by clicking the button above.
- The application deadlines are strict – do not apply earlier or later or the application will not be considered.
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements, you will not be considered.
- Application materials will not be returned.
- After we receive your completed application, you will receive a confirmation receipt email.
- Housing and books/materials are not included with the scholarship. The winning candidate will need to make their own housing arrangements.
- There is no audition. If you are selected as a finalist, there is an interview that can be completed via Zoom or in-person.
- The scholarship application is the only application you need to complete to be considered for the scholarship; you do not need to submit the standard application for admission to the school in order to apply for a scholarship.