LSTFI CASTING DATABASE
INTRODUCING THE LSTFI CASTING DATABASE
Where your work gets discovered.
The LSTFI Casting Database is designed to organize our working students and alumni within a unified system, easily accessible by our Head of Talent and potential casting directors, producers, and directors as they search for actors.
HOW IT WORKS
- The database allows clients to filter and search for actors based on specific criteria, including geographic location, age, languages spoken, and more.
- At no cost, actors can upload their showreel, headshots, and other supplemental materials.
- Actors are able to personally update their profiles at any time as their careers develop.
- Actors may delete their profiles or remove uploaded materials without notice or approval.
- The database is designed to be user-friendly and easily accessible.
- Any LSTFI student or alumni who has completed at least a 12-Week Program is eligible to register.
- Enrollment for the LSTFI Casting Database is only open in January and July.
- Profiles can be updated throughout the year once submitted and approved.
- All submissions will be reviewed and verified by an LSTFI staff member.
- LSTFI reserves the right to remove any profile or information as it deems fit.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Click on the button below to find the Casting Database registration.
- Complete all required fields.
- Provide a viewable link to your showreel/demo reel (Vimeo, YouTube, etc.).
- Upload 1 headshot photo. (10MB max total for files)
- Upload 1 full body photo.
- Upload your acting resume.
- You will receive an email confirmation when your profile has been submitted with link to your profile.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PROFILE?
- Profiles and information in the database are only available to LSTFI staff members.
- Profiles will only be shared to verified casting directors, producers, and directors upon request and with approval from LSTFI.
You will receive an auto-reply email from Casting42 with a link and code to login after submission.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I submit to the Casting Database if I have not completed an LSTFI program?
No. The Casting Database is only open to LSTFI students and alumni who have completed a minimum of 12-weeks (in LA or NY) in good standing. The Database is not currently open to those who only participated in short-term Intensives, online classes, or international workshops.
Should I submit if I don’t have all of the requirements?
Please only submit to the Casting Database if you have all of the requirements – headshot, full body shot, reel and acting resume – AND the materials are of professional quality (i.e. a level you would want casting directors, agents, managers, and other industry professionals to see).
How to Make a Demo Reel
Are there any guidelines for the photo requirements?
While processing personal data, The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute adheres to the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation, such as the General Data Protection Regulation. This means we:
- Limit our collection of personal data to only that needed for legitimate purposes;
- First ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- Take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- Respect your right to access, correct, or delete your personal data held by us.