As the only acting school in the world that teaches Lee Strasberg’s work in its consummate form, The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute® is the home for all actors seeking to delve into Method Acting and its tradition of training some of the world’s most brilliant and truthful actors.
Our Mission Statement
The Lee Strasberg Theatre & FIlm Institute™ is dedicated to the ideals, values, and vision of Lee Strasberg’s innovative work, known throughout the world as The Method. Through actor training, outreach, and the preservation of archival materials, The Institute works to further the legacy of Lee Strasberg, train the world’s greatest actors, and maintain Lee’s place as a seminal figure in the great American theatre tradition.
Our AlumniOur alumni have found incredible success in the fields of Film, Television, & Stage. Of the many students who called Lee Strasberg their teacher, or the Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute their home, they all honor his legacy with their incredible work and talent.
“I have opened new perspectives and windows to improve myself and develop in this new phase. The education I received from my teachers was the most excellent quality and a stimulus to be better every day.”
– Max Encina
- We offer a multitude of special events, guest speakers, and full fledged productions throughout the year.
- The Lee Strasberg Institute puts on a variety of productions each year. Here you can see examples of our work from both coasts.
- Notable Alumni and Special Guests often come back to offer their valuable insight and tell stories to our current students.
- The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute welcomes 217 German students as a part of Masterclass by Hermann Scherer.
- Since the inception of Backstage’s “I Got Cast”, a recurring series detailing the ways that the famed publication has been a reliable tool for up-and-coming actors, countless LSTFI alumni have been featured!
- Sisters Melissa and Liz have had a strained relationship over the years, but especially since the death of their father three years ago. "Wine and Pizza" is an examination of the human spirit during one family's heartache, dysfunction, and survival.