2 YEAR CONSERVATORY – LOS ANGELES
LOS ANGELES TWO YEAR PROFESSIONAL ACTING CONSERVATORY (CERTIFICATE PROGRAM)
This program offers students a broad-based and in-depth performing arts education with a core in Method Acting training. The program consists of four major areas of focus: Method Acting, Voice & Movement, History, and Professional Development.
The program requires 72 weeks (six 12-Week full-time sessions) of dedicated training and full-time study. Upon successful completion of the Two-Year Professional Acting Conservatory Program (including a Two-Year Culminating Performance), students will receive a formal Certificate of Merit.
Tuition for the Two-Year Conservatory provides students with three payment options: lump sum, one-year installments, or 12-Week installments. Installments require the non-refundable registration fee to be paid with each payment. Paying in a lump sum locks you into the current tuition rate and saves you the additional registration fee payments.
* A non-refundable registration fee is applied each session. $150 Domestic Students, $250 International Students.
** A non-refundable materials fee of $150 due in first session.
*** A non-refundable Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) fee is applied to tuition.
**** Additional fees may be applied to all tuition fees.
SAG/AFTRA members receive a 10% tuition discount
The Two-Year Conservatory (Certificate Program) in Los Angeles consists of six 12-Week sessions of full-time study (22 classroom hours a week) and includes the following course requirements. Courses vary by session. Please see Classes for a full list of potential class offerings.
Acting Technique (Major Area) : 72 Credits
History & Criticism : 10 Credits
Voice and Movement : 24 Credits
Professional Development Electives : 8 Credits
Free Electives : 18 Credits
Totals : 132 Credits
*Credit awarded in the Conservatory program does not count toward the 2-year AOS degree program.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the Two-Year Conservatory and AOS Degree Program?
The AOS Degree program has several distinguishing factors:
- More overall class hours.
- The AOS features Theatre Production in year 1 and Film Production in year 2. These classes are unique to the Degree program. They are 2 part classes. Part 1 focuses on the technical aspects of the respective production type and part 2 is mounting the production/short film.
- The AOS program is a 2-year Degree and the Conservatory is a 2-year Certificate program
- AOS class sizes are smaller. You stay with the same cohort for the entire program and have a more structured schedule and curriculum.
- For international students, the AOS program is an F-1 Academic student program vs the Conservatory which is a M-1 Vocational student program. New Infographic Helps Explain the Difference between F and M Students | Study in the States (dhs.gov)
Do I get performance opportunities?
Yes! You have a culminating performance at the end of the Two-Year Conservatory.