Once you select your desired program of study, you may apply here and submit your application with the required supplemental documents. When your completed application is received, an admissions representative will email you to schedule an interview. The Admissions Interview will be conducted remotely via Skype or Zoom. The interview is not an audition but an opportunity for the Admissions staff to get to know you and discuss what program is right for you.
After the interview, an Admissions decision will be made, usually within 48 hours. Accepted students will receive an acceptance letter by email as well as instructions for the next steps to take for enrollment and registration.
Application & Supplemental Documents
1. How to submit your Application: Click here to either apply online or download our PDF application. Please email any supplemental documents as PDF or JPEG attachments to [email protected].
Any documents that are not immediately available when you apply may be submitted when they become available (i.e. reference letters, transcripts, etc.). However, please do not have supplemental documents sent to us until you have submitted a completed application and application fee.
2. Submit the $75 non-refundable Application Fee: See Payment Options.
3. Verification of previous studies: Evidence of a minimum of secondary school completion (US high school diploma or equivalent). Submit either a high school transcript OR a college/university transcript. If not in English then a certified translation is required.
4. Personal Statement: Write a personal statement that includes your goals in the field of acting and why you are interested in studying at The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute. (1-2 pages typed)
5. Résumé/CV: Submit a resume/CV that lists your education, employment, prior acting training, and any acting experience.
6. Two Letters of Reference: Letters can be from either academic or professional setting, whatever is applicable to your particular circumstances. They do not need to be related to the field of acting . One reference letter must be from a previous/current employer, artistic professional, teacher, or academic advisor. The second letter may be either another professional/academic or be from a co-worker or someone who knows you in a professional or academic capacity (i.e. not family members or significant others). The referrers should state how long they have known you and in what capacity. The letters must be in English, signed, dated no more than 3 months before application and include their contact info (email, phone, address). To submit, the referrer may email directly to us at [email protected] or a signed letter may be scanned and emailed or uploaded with your online application. (Note- you must submit an application before submitting letters of reference)
7. One Photo: Please submit a small headshot for identification purposes only.
8. Proof of Health Insurance (OPTIONAL): We recommend applicants submit a photocopy of your Health Insurance card/document. If you do not have health insurance we require that you obtain health insurance and provide us proof before you start classes.