Once you select your desired program of study, you may apply here and submit your application with the required supplemental documents. When your completed application is received, an admissions representative will reach out to you to schedule an interview. The Admissions Interview can be conducted in-person at The Institute or via Skype if you are located outside of NYC. The interview is not an audition but an opportunity for the Admissions staff to get to know you and discuss what program is right for you. (All interviews will be by Skype until we re-open the office.)
After the interview, an Admissions decision will be made, usually within 48 hours. Accepted students will receive an acceptance letter as well as instructions for the next steps to take for enrollment and registration.
Application & Supplemental Documents
1. How to submit your Application: Click here to either apply online or download our PDF application. You can either email PDF, MS Word or JPEG attachments to [email protected] or mail the supplemental materials to the attention of the Admissions Office : Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute, 115 E. 15th Street, New York, NY 10003. (Please note- the office is closed, please email all documents or contact us before mailing.)
Any documents that are not immediately available may be submitted when they become available (i.e. reference letters, transcripts, etc.). However, please do not have supplemental documents sent to us until you have submitted a completed application and application fee or you may need to have resend your materials.
2. Submit the $75 non-refundable Application Fee: See Payment Options.
3. Verification of previous studies: Evidence of a minimum of secondary school completion (US high school diploma or equivalent). Submit either a high school transcript OR a college/university transcript. If not in English then a certified translation is required.
4. Personal Statement: Write a personal statement that includes your goals in the field of acting and why you are interested in studying at The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute. (1-2 pages typed)
5. Résumé/CV: Submit a resume/CV that lists your education, employment, prior acting training, and any acting experience.
6. Two Letters of Reference: One reference letter must be from a previous/current employer, artistic professional, teacher, or academic advisor. The second letter may be either another professional/academic or be from a co-worker or someone who knows you in a professional or academic capacity (i.e. not family members or significant others). The referrers should state how long they have known you and in what capacity. The letters must be in English, signed, dated no more than 3 months before application and include their contact info. To submit, they may email the reference directly to us at [email protected] or a signed letter may be scanned and emailed or uploaded with the online application. (Note- you must submit an application before submitting letters of reference)
7. One Photo: Please submit a small headshot for identification purposes only.
8. Proof of Health Insurance (OPTIONAL): We recommend applicants submit a photocopy of your Health Insurance card/document. If you do not have health insurance we advise you obtain health insurance and provide us proof before you start classes. (Do not submit for online classes)
9. Please note: All students will need to provide proof of a vaccination against Covid-19 prior to attending.