bloglovinBloglovin iconemailfacebookFacebook iconinstagramInstagram iconlinkedinLinkedIn iconpinterestPinterest iconrssRSS iconsoundcloudSoundCloud icontwitterTwitter iconyoutube

International Students – LA Campus


International Student Enrollment at LSTFI Los Angeles

The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in LA is currently implementing a Return to In-Person Classes.
Please view our Reopening Script for details and procedures.
Accepted students will be eligible to receive their SEVIS form I-20 for a Summer 2021 start and after.

We warmly welcome international students to the Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute into our full time programs (22 hours or more per week. We will advise you and provide supportive services regarding both US immigration rules and regulations and navigating the ins and outs of living in the US.

The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. International students who are admitted to one of our full time programs (22 hours or more per week) and have provided the required financial documents will be issued a SEVIS form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status, which is required to apply for the F-1 or M-1 student visa.

For more information about attending the Los Angeles Campus, contact [email protected].

LSTFI International Student Application

International applicants (non-US Citizen or Green Card holders) should submit their completed application 6-8 weeks prior to the desired session start date. Application deadlines are set in order to ensure that accepted international applicants have sufficient time to receive immigration documents and obtain an M-1 Vocational or F-1 Academic student visa prior to the session start date.

Additional Requirements for International Students:

English Proficiency Requirements

Proof of Sufficient Financial Funds

Student Visa Information (F-1 vs M-1)

Steps to Receiving the I-20 Certificate

Work Opportunities and OPT

Find more information about coming to the United States as an International student on Study in the States!

Please note that the Institute is not permitted per Federal regulations to issue an Initial I-20 for classes that are online only. New initial I-20s can be issued for in-person or hybrid classes only. Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the Institute does not anticipate offering in-person classes again until Spring 2021 due to local & State restrictions.